• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help after publishing ebook

Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an ebook with InDesign.  It is a tutorial I am selling.  I do not want others to be able to share it on social media, etc.  I checked the option when publishing my ebook to hide the share options, however, all one would need to do is copy the address and share it.

I have also created a MUSE website.  I can put a link to the ebook on the website, my question is, is there a way for me to link to a child page in my muse website when the page is excluded from the menu?

Thanks, hope this makes sense.

Kathleen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please define ebook. This could be a PDF, FXL EPUB, Reflowable EPUB or Publish Online. You’re not going to be able to sell Publish Online content as it’s completely unprotected.

The others you could sell, but it’s pretty difficult to keep anyone from sharing them.

As for your Muse question, you can link to any page you want. For other Muse questions, please post in the Muse forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BobLevine,

Thanks for your reply.  I actually did both, I exported it to an interactive PDF and then Published online from InDesign.  I think that is an EPUB?  Sorry I'm very new at InDesign. 

Okay so what you are saying then, InDesign is basically for creating an online book just to share and not to sell, say if I wanted to upload it to an online publisher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s not what I’m saying at all. What I’m saying is that if you want to sell your EPUB you have a lot of research to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you.  That's what I'm doing   I started here.   Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are quite a few options for selling epubs. Amazon, Google, and Apple all have book stores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines