• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW INSTALL

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Lightroom CC.  When I try and launch I get a window asking me to select a recent catalog to open with a note saying Lightroom Catalogs cannot be on network volumes or in read-only folder.  Then I have a choice to choose a different catalog or create a new catalog.  how do i resolve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

If you have just installed Lightroom, and have never used it before, then you must "Create a new Catalog".

When you give the new catalog its name in a selected folder, it is as you state- "cannot be on network volumes or in read-only folder."

Once you have a Catalog, this will be the database that opens by default when you start Lightroom next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have just installed Lightroom, and have never used it before, then you must "Create a new Catalog".

When you give the new catalog its name in a selected folder, it is as you state- "cannot be on network volumes or in read-only folder."

Once you have a Catalog, this will be the database that opens by default when you start Lightroom next time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines