• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

auto transform/ photos straightened

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my photos, they get automatically straightened -- e.i Lightroom eliminates any diagonal crops, irregularities in perspective, etc. even if they were sometimes intentional.  I can then go to Develop module and turn the Auto option off in "TRANSFORM" which brings back the original crop, but needless to say, it's  time consuming. Seems to be a new feature that appeared after I updated to Lightroom CC2015.10 (and unfortunately seems to be working retroactively on previously imported/unedited photos). Any idea how to turn it off?

Here is what I mean:

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.31.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 10.32.54 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

2. Select one of the problem photos and go to Develop. Do Develop > Set Default Settings and click Restore Adobe Default Settings. Then click Reset in the lower-right.

Once in Develop with one of the problem photos, click on the Develop menu, then click Set Default Settings, then click Restore Adobe Default Settings:

Then click Reset in the lower right:

If the photo then gets the Auto setting of Transform turned off, try importing another photo from the same camera to make sure this has addressed t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps to try in order:

1. In the right column of the Import window, make sure that Apply During Import > Develop Settings is set to None.

2. Select one of the problem photos and go to Develop. Do Develop > Set Default Settings and click Restore Adobe Default Settings. Then click Reset in the lower-right.

3. Reset LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ . Sprinkling that magic dust often fixes wonky behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you johnrellis.

1. Yes, settings set to None.

2. Resetting Default Settings -- I think I have done it, thought not exactly the way you recommend...My options in the Develop module seem to be slightly different (?). Here is how the scroll down menu look like: 

I tried "Reset All Settings" and "Reset Crop" and "Crop as Shot" and nothing happened...

3. Sounds like I am left with option 3, which sounds a little scary... Will try tonight and will let you know. Thanks a lot!

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 3.13.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. Sounds like I am left with option 3, which sounds a little scary... Will try tonight and will let you know. Thanks a lot!

The article (by the leading Lightroom book author) explains exactly what it does: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-li…  It's just an inconvenience, because afterward you might have to set some of your previous settings (detailed in the article). 

If you want, you can save away a copy of your previous settings and restore them if resetting doesn't fix the problem, but this involves a little more work: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?25197-Resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once in Develop with one of the problem photos, click on the Develop menu, then click Set Default Settings, then click Restore Adobe Default Settings:

Then click Reset in the lower right:

If the photo then gets the Auto setting of Transform turned off, try importing another photo from the same camera to make sure this has addressed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magic! That (2) helped! I still have million-gazillion old photos that got messed up ("straightened") and have to be re-cropped manually, but at least the new import is the way it should be. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very good.

I still have million-gazillion old photos that got messed up ("straightened") and have to be re-cropped manually, but at least the new import is the way it should be.

If you haven't made any other edits to those previously imported photos, you can select them and do Reset, and the auto crop will reset back to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines