• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Issue - Long Edge/Short Edge

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm printing a layout that is double sided but when I print Long Edge,  The Front side is towards the bottom of the page and the back side is towards the top of the page.   When I print on Short Edge the the Front side is towards the left of the page and the Back side is towards the Left of the page. 

How do I set it up to be perfectly aligned in the middle when I print. My printer doesn't seem to have any more option I can play with.

My PDF preview looks correct So I'm pretty sure its a printer setting.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you printing from?

What printer are you printing to?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

If I understand you correctly, your document is smaller than the page format output, right?

If so, there are several ways to center your PDF on a paper sheet.

Option 1:

In Indesign, use "Print" feature (could be direct to printer, or to a PDF)

Print feature allows you to set the paper size (Format du papier), and to center your artwork:

print.jpg

Option 2 (the one I would personally use):

In Acrobat Print panel, uncheck "Choose Paper Source By PDF Page Size", then set Orientation to "auto". See example below:

print2.gif

Of course, these settings may vary depending on your OS (Mac, Windows?), software versions, use of a print manager and so on... so if you don't manage to solve your problem, please be more specific.

Vinny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines