• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 crash on launch on Windows

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Premiere was working fine and then, all of a sudden (not sure if I had any updates from Windows in the meantime) started to crash when launching.

I've tried to open a chat but it's almost like Adobe doesn't want us to do it, so I just quit. What can I do? Even tried to install it on a different computer but the problem is the same. I also installed Premiere CS5 which I had and same error again and again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joelc44736571,

Sorry for the launch issue. Please let us know the recently installed update numbers of the Windows operating system.

Are you facing any difficulty contacting our chat support? Please let us know. Find the instructions to contact our support in this link FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the same across the board on various Windows 7 PCs, some of them have the latest windows updates, some of them haven't been updated in a few months and only have the latest crucial security updates.
So not so much of an OS thing I would imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliend,

If possible, please share us if there is an error message or crash log for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joelc44736571, Juliend,

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was having similar issues with my Windows 7 PC.  I changed the Renderer from GPU acceleration to Software Only option which did not solve the problem, however when I additionally altered the Capture format from DV to HDV it resolved the issue.  (well at least it seems to have fixed it for now)

Hope it works for you : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a similar issue right now,

just update my work machine with the latest windows 10 updates (after several months of postponing it)

Now I cant open premiere pro, and when it does open, the playback is frozen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll need some details, Alex.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines