Exit

Tracked Changes CC2017

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help.

I am currently wanting to send a file to a client in InCopy which I am exporting from InDesign CC2017

I want to Enable the track changes before I package the file, but the option isn't available.

Is anyone else having this issue in CC 2017?

Thanks

Louise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Track Changes are viewed differently in InDesign than in InCopy. I think you'd have to enable the Track Changes as they are made in InDesign, not just before export. You also would need to go to File > User and set your user name.

In InDesign, you turn on Track Changes in the Track Changes panel (Window > Editorial > Track Changes). You view track changes when your cursor is in a story, then you choose Edit > Edit in Story Editor. The changes are viewed in the Story Editor.

InDesign CC346.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

My problem is that the option to Enable the track changes is never available no matter what i do. I have a offline version of Indesign, as in it's not connected to Creative Cloud online. I work for a large company who have an enterprise license of Adobe. Do you think the issue is something to do with that?

Thanks

Louise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That somehow doesn't seem likely. Track Changes works the same in InDesign CC (part of Creative Cloud) the same as in InDesign CS6 (before CC).

I'd try restoring your InDesign preferences (if it's happening in all documents)

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Or, if only one document, save the document as IDML to deal with corruption:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have indeed seen InCopy features disabled in enterprise installations. It’s reasonable to at least explore that avenue.

Are the other InCopy features available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks both for your replies, I can't seem to find out what the problem is. It works on some machine's in our studio and not others. We are investigating, if I find a solution I will let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines