Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Glossary from Word Doc?

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is it possible to import the contents of a Word doc into a project's glossary, rather than having to create from scratch and/or cutting & pasting into the Glossary?

I saw nothing about this in LiveDocs or the Forum...

If I have a Word doc, what styles should be applied to the term and to the definition?

Thanks in advance!

Kathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy

Yes, it's possible. However, keep in mind that the Glossary file exists as a simple ASCII text file. Thus, no formatting is allowed. I might suggest the following approach:

Add a single term to the Glossary using RoboHelp. Then sneak behind the scenes and open the ProjectName.GLO file with Windows Notepad. Note the structure. Now format the text in your Word document to follow the example you just looked at. You could then select it all, copy and paste into the .GLO file.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp