• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Photoshop CS6 when clicking on a JPEG or CR2 file

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have Photoshop Cs6 open for editing a JPEG image, and then double click on another image in windows explorer, it won't then open into Photoshop. Instead I get the error message that another copy of Photoshop is already running and I will have to close it first.

It's not a problem if I go into photoshop and open the image via the in built menus but it's verty inconvenient to have to do this.

Also, if I dont have Photoshop open when I click the image in explorer it then loads up normally. It's the subsequent images that give the problems

This didn't happen when I used Photoshop Elements, and I'm hoping there is a way to stop this happening in CS6 and just allow the images to open up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

You may also do this using a keyboard shortcut.

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisd,

Could you please try to open Photoshop s an administrator? Right click on Photoshop icon on desktop and select "Run as administrator"?

If that doesn't help, Restore Photoshop preference to default, Take a look at this article Preferences in Photoshop for instructions.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

opening as administrator made no difference.

I tried the keyboard shortcut but it just brings up the properties dialog

I cant findthe rifht path to move the files manually. No library folder is listed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may also do this using a keyboard shortcut.

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines