Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Hangs When Running InDesign, forced to do a hard reset

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a recurring issue where my entire computer freezes (mouse, keyboard, screen, etc.) intermittently while running Adobe CC. I'm forced to do a hard power down and reboot the whole computer to get it back again. It doesn't seem to happen when I'm running other programs. I haven't been monitoring it enough to say whether it's specifically InDesign but I'm pretty sure.

Here's the specs on my computer:

Late 2015 iMac

Display: 21.5in Retina

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

This may be a hardware issue but I've had it checked out already by Apple and they can't find anything wrong with the hardware, and the problem seems only to occur when running InDesign, so I figured I'd see if anyone else here is having a similar problem.

Things I've already tried:

• Wiping the hard drive

• Reinstalling my OS

• Reinstalling InDesign (and deleting all Preferences)

• Uninstalling all User Fonts

• Clearing out my cache

Any similar issues? Any other software stuff I can try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

If it's CC2017 with 10.12.4 then turn off GPU acceleration in InDesign prefs. Also, update the O/S to 10.12.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's CC2017 with 10.12.4 then turn off GPU acceleration in InDesign prefs. Also, update the O/S to 10.12.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks, that seems to have worked, but of course now my app is running way slower. Any thoughts on a solve that doesn't involve losing GPU acceleration?

I have a macbook pro with virtually the same specs (just a i7 processor instead of this i5) and haven't ever had any problems. Is it just this difference in processors that makes me able to run GPU acceleration on there? Seems like there's more of a problem here than that, but I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Bob said, upgrade to OS 10.12.5 and it will fix your freezimg issue. With it you can also use your GPU and turn on the acceleration.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh great! I did upgrade but I assumed that I had to also turn off the GPU. thanks for the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines