• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug when I use the Undo shortcut (CMD+OPT+Z) activating Toggle auto select (CMD+CLICK)

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been having an issue with Photoshop ever since I upgraded my OS to Sierra on my Macbook Pro. I don't know if could possibly be a hardware flaw (like the key could be broken?) but every other time when I'm using the undo shortcut (command + option + z) it triggers the command + click shortcut randomly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, but it gets really annoying when you're drawing digitally that every so often you drag the layer out of place and you can't continue drawing smoothly. Also, whenever this happens it starts selecting multiple layers on my layer window, and it only stops if I press Command again so that the function it's off. For some reason even if I'm not holding down the key, the action persists.

I would like to know if this is some sort of bug or if I have to live with it because it's my key that's broken. Also, if there's any way to deactivate the Command + click shortcut. Any light on this matter would help me a lot since I've been having a real hard time focusing with things getting messed up every time I sit to work. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

First, Undo is Cmd+ Z and Step Backward is Command + Option + Z. This may or may not make any difference to your issue.

Have you looked in your History panel when this happens? Step Backward steps back through the History panel. You might keep it open for a while and watch what is going on in there to help troubleshoot.

You can change the number of steps from 50 to a larger number in Preferences > Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Undo is Cmd+ Z and Step Backward is Command + Option + Z. This may or may not make any difference to your issue.

Have you looked in your History panel when this happens? Step Backward steps back through the History panel. You might keep it open for a while and watch what is going on in there to help troubleshoot.

You can change the number of steps from 50 to a larger number in Preferences > Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, the Command + Click shortcut is that the Command key is actually a shortcut to activate the Move tool temporarily. I don't think that can be changed.

The fact that you click when you have the Move tool or that you then perform another action is secondary.

Auto Select itself can be turned off in the Options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines