• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head turn's eyes are not functioning.

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my second puppet and may have bitten off more than I can chew. I am attempting to create head turns but for some reason only the top-most head's eyes work. The mouths work on all the views. Am I missing something? I've checked several times and they are all tagged and labeled correctly. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've checked several times and they are all tagged and labeled correctly."

This is almost certainly the issue. If you post the puppet here, I'm happy to take a look and post a re-rigged version.

The first thing I'd do is try and debug this with the Properties panel with a puppet selected(not a track).

Select your puppet in the project panel(or puppet panel if your behaviors are on groups deeper in the puppet), then look at the Properties panel. Twirl down the Face and Eye Gaze behavior and look in the "handles" section. I'm guessing you'll see that the behavior can't see the handles on the eyes that aren't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the Freddy.puppet. I've only labeled the frontal view (body with several heads). The head turn's mouths are working but the eyes are not.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Let me know if the link isn't working.

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue is that you have a ton of views tagged in there - not just with the head - and that's confusing CH. Under Freddy you have Frontal, Right Quarter, etc - and those are getting auto-tagged as views, and inside each of those views you the head with its own set of views (in the current setup there are 6 "frontal" tags).

So for example, this worked for me - try untagging the top level Frontal, Left Quarter and Right Quarter views you have inside the Freddy group - and the eyes should now work for that first Head that you have the head turner behavior attached to. If you're going to do this in different views you'll need a Head Turner behavior on each isolated Head group.

In general - try to avoid using those view names unless specifically for Head Turner or Walk, because any time there's more than one of them CH can run into trouble trying to figure out which of those tagged views it should prioritize. Or if you do use them, immediately add Head Turner or Walk so the proper behavior can take over and understand what's happening.

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I see what you are talking about and will rename my layers.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines