Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intro Animation in Interactive PDFs

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I have been wrecking my brain all day over this.
We have set up a 53 page long interactive PDF in Indesign which works great when exported.
I have now been trying to insert a intro animation at the start of the document. After the animation played I want it to go to the second page of the document. Either on click or automatically. The animation is in MP4 format and I have tried various other formats like flash.
Unfortunately nothing of what I have tried so far is work.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brigitte,

This resource may be of help in creating the transition you're looking for, in particular, the 'change movie settings' section: Add movie and sound files to InDesign documents

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wren

Thank you for your reply.
I have followed that tutorial already but the PDF still turns out corrupted.
It just want display the second page/menu page. It's kind of jumping back to the first page with the video on.
I have got a feeling that the video file for some reason is corrupting the over all document.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Brigitte Boettcher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not going to be able to do this from InDesign. Pop over to the Acrobat forum and ask them about it.

Keep in mind that any suggestion may or may not work outside of Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find this blog and discussion helpful: It's okay to say no to interactive PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines