• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!Image loses resolution no matter what i do!

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a facebook cover ( 851 x 315 ,300 resolution rbg) I have a image that i have to use.The image is 4471x 2976 px ,300 dpi.When i place the image into the photoshop document that has the size for the cover , it loses resolution so much! I tried to resize it but stil nothing. Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

If that is a screenshot of 100% view there is something wrong.

Try this

1. Open your original 4471x2976 image

2. Set the crop tool to WxH and set it to 851px  x 315 px . Uncheck delete cropped pixels

3. Move the crop rectangle over the area you want to use and click on the tick symbol

4.  Go to file - Export - Save for Web (legacy)
In the dialogue choose jpeg - Embed Color Profile - Convert to sRGB Image size 100% and adjust the quality slider until the file size under the image shows 350-500k

5. Hit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget the dpi - that is for a physical print . You are working with pixels.

Of course you will lose resolution when you go from 13.3 million pixels to 268000 pixels. That is unavoidable. When you resize , choose Bicubic Sharper (reduction) as the resample algorithm which may help the image slightly but there is no getting away from the fact that you are going to throw away 13 million pixels worth of data.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but i think is abnormal to lose THIS much quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It looks like that screen shot is part of your image zoomed much higher than 100%. What does it look like at 100% zoom?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cropped a portion because there are people in it .But This is how it looks.Considering the fact that is a banner and it will be displayed on different screens that looks really bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is a screenshot of 100% view there is something wrong.

Try this

1. Open your original 4471x2976 image

2. Set the crop tool to WxH and set it to 851px  x 315 px . Uncheck delete cropped pixels

3. Move the crop rectangle over the area you want to use and click on the tick symbol

4.  Go to file - Export - Save for Web (legacy)
In the dialogue choose jpeg - Embed Color Profile - Convert to sRGB Image size 100% and adjust the quality slider until the file size under the image shows 350-500k

5. Hit the save key in the Save for web dialogue and save your jpeg with a name

6. Now close the original image without saving the changes, in other words don't save the crop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks ! It works now .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines