• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficulty with workflow between Adobe Draw and Capture

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to follow this tutorial:  Create vector art with Adobe Capture and Adobe Draw | Adobe Creative Cloud Mobile Apps Tutorials

Everything works great until step #8 (out of 10). This is the part where I get stuck. No matter what I try, I cannot seem to load an image from my library into Draw after Capture "vectorized" it, nor can I take my own and continue with the step as described. The following never happens (specifically, the automatic import step):

Capture will take a moment to convert your shape into a vector. When complete, it will automatically import the vector shape into Draw.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

IdeaWarrior.

One quick thing that I want to make sure you know:  You can bring already-created Capture Shapes into Draw from that same menu. Instead of tapping on the  + icon you've been tapping to open Capture, just tap on your library name just below it. That's where it's easiest to pull pre-made shapes into Draw.

Now, about the rendering. It definitely sounds like whatever image you're trying to generate is taking a long time to render (that's why that top nav is greyed out). And the only tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IdeaWarrior.

Sorry it's not working correctly. A couple of questions:

What device and which version of Draw are you using?

Also, what actually happens when after you tap the + icon? Does Capture open? Are you taken to the start screen (on which there should be a shutter and a thumbnail of an image that's on your device)?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it.

Version of Draw: 4.11

I am on an ipad pro  version 10.3.1

Here are the steps I take and what I see at that step #8:

[[[When complete, it will automatically import the vector shape into Draw.]]]

This step is the step that doesn't seem to work (or it is really slow).  After the conversion of the shape into a vector shape is done, I see the following user interface elements:

Top of screen: An orange bar that says "Save & return to Adobe Draw" (it is not clickable, not accessible, it looks "greyed out")

Right below, a black bar that says < Edit       Preview

Below at the bottom of the screen, two buttons "Off" and "On"

Is it possible that this step simply takes a very long time (over 3 minutes)?  I have closed the app every time as it seems to be stuck there.

THANK YOU!

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IdeaWarrior.

One quick thing that I want to make sure you know:  You can bring already-created Capture Shapes into Draw from that same menu. Instead of tapping on the  + icon you've been tapping to open Capture, just tap on your library name just below it. That's where it's easiest to pull pre-made shapes into Draw.

Now, about the rendering. It definitely sounds like whatever image you're trying to generate is taking a long time to render (that's why that top nav is greyed out). And the only time that might happen is if the image is a complex one. Are you experiencing that "wait" with everything? Or are the shapes you've tried creating complex? Can you try something super simple and see what happens?

And one last thing... When you create shapes in Capture are you experiencing these wait times while shapes render?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I tried a different image and it rendered faster.

Really appreciate the input.

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines