Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Moved files

Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Robohelp and I think I just made a big error. I changed the location of the output everytime I generated an updated project, so I wound up with many duplicated files. I decided to consolidate and remove alot of those files. Now when I open up the project, there are many files missing..... How can I clean up my system and fix my projects....will I need to locate and import all of those files? They are all so scattered....

Thanks for your time in answering!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

All you needed to do was just delete the old outputs. What I am not clear on is what you did with the source files. Did you in fact touch those? If not, all you need to do is create a fresh output and trash the old ones.

If "source" and "output" are not clear to you, post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for responding. I believe I toyed with the source files. I also imported many different images and files into 5-6 various folders. When I tried to consolidate them, the path is different now then what Robohelp shows. What do I do since I played with the source folders.... thank you again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an ideal world, you'd have a backup copy of the source files prior to consolidating them. Then you could move or rename the files and folders as needed from within RH. I suspect the problem occured because you may have renamed and moved things manually outside of RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that seems to be the problem.....but there is no "easy" fix is there.... What is the best way to correct the situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it sounds to me like you're in a start over type of situation. There are some project files that could be edited outside of RH using notepad, but that can be dangerous. You'd definately want RH closed if you attempt to edit those files (and make a backup copy first). For example the file root.fpj contains the names and paths to each file in the RH project. Also, if you are working with baggage files the file rhbag.apj controls those. So you might be able to rename things in those two files to match your current site structure. I'd say proceed with caution, but I guess it can't really get any worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I agree. I would start a new project and import topics checking each of them in turn.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp