• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Update creator windows after effects does not work!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone will help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need workflow, system and AE version details down to the last decimal point. There's no way to answer a question with details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received the Creators update yesterday, after the update i couldn't run Adobe After effects at all, at launch it shows "After effects has stopped working". Also premiere showed the same message after opening any project.

I tried creating a new user & Uninstalling/reinstalling the programs with no luck.

I Just rolled back the update because i need ِAfter effect for school, i hope this can be fixed soon.

Dell Xps 9560

Intel i7 7700HQ

Nvidia  GTX1050 , Intel HD graphics 630

16GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Windows 10 Creator update, I'm suddenly confronted with these two errors:

1. After effects hangs up at the "initializing media core" during start up. I need to reboot (a few times sometimes, all seems quite random) in order it to start up.

2. "The font dictionary can't be read" error sometimes happens when it does start up..

Will any update fix this soon, or should I try to roll back the windows update?

BTO laptop
Windows 10 PRO 10.0.15063 Build 15063
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2701 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logische processor(s)
RAM memory: 64,0 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, I have just uninstalled the creators update and everything seems to work fine again.. pfew.

See here how: https://betanews.com/2017/04/11/how-to-rollback-and-uninstall-windows-10-creators-update/

I'm also currently blocking any further windows updates, but lets hope this stuff will get fixed soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bas M,

Do you have Extensis Suitcase Fusion installed by any chance? If so, can you try uninstalling it? This fixed the issue for at least one other customer.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micheaeloo,

Do you have Extensis Suitcase Fusion installed? If so, can you try uninstalling it for a possible solution?

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I don't have it installed, I rolled back the Creators update from my system, so I can't really troubleshoot this problem anymore, but soon I will have to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in again to windows account.

Later, same to adobe account.

After one hour everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adriand81178245 Can you pleas describe what was your problem with after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just after update creator windows after effects did not want to run.

A message appeared. After effects stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the new version of Windows is out and After Effects isn't working on it for you, yes?

It sounds like you did an update and not a clean install. This can cause issues. You might try uninstalling AE and reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam, i actually tried that, and the issue is both of CC2017 and CC2014 have the exact same problem.. and Microsoft support just said to run compatibility troubleshooting, which is a joke

Clean install is very time consuming, i have one laptop with one SSD. formatting well delay my work a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If updating to the Creator's Edition made all versions of After Effects stop working, I don't know of any way to help you. You can try contacting Adobe support. If you find a good solution, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll back your GPU driver to the 3rd latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdrianD,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, just a heads up that I was having consistent crashes when loading projects since the Creator update on Windows. I finally tracked down the problem, which was some sort of conflict with Extensis Suitcase Fusion. When I uninstalled Suitcase Fusion, the crashes ceased.

I can't speak to the issue of importing one project into another, as I haven't tried that since uninstalling Suitcase Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know, DeGroot Media.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdrianD,

Do you have Extensis Suitcase Fusion installed by any chance? If so, can you try uninstalling it for a possible fix?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines