• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last night (22/5/2017) Windows 10 did an update. Today I am having problems with Elements. When I try to play my videos I either get sound and no picture or Premiere freezes. Any ideas?

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Premiere Elements 13 almost every day for the last 2 weeks with no problems.Last night (22/5/2017) Windows 10 did an update. Today I am having problems with Elements.

I can open a new project and load videos and then add them to my timeline. But, when  I try to play my  videos I either get sound and no picture or Premiere  freezes and will not respond.

Videos that I edited the day before the Windows update  will run perfectly on other software but will not run on Premiere.

Anyone got any ideas                       

[Moved out of the Lounge and into a product-specific, support, forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A minor update shouldn't cause a problem. But, if it does, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the program. (You won't lose any work in progress.)

It also wouldn't hurt to visit the nVidia or ATI site (depending on the graphics card you have) and ensure you have the latest drivers rather than trusting Windows to provide it.

If that doesn't work, please indicate what processor you have, how much RAM and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help

I have updated my NVIDIA GeoForce GT730drivers and re-installed Premiere but the problem still exists.

When the problem first happened I was trying to edit GoPro videos. Something that I have done many times before without problems.

I have now noticed that Premiere seems to work properly with other videos BUT when  I introduce a GoPro Video clip the problems that I initially described occur.

I have an Intel(R) Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz with 16Gb of RAM

My software is loaded onto a 223Gb solid state hard drive and I have 106Gb free

My data is stored on a 1.81Th HDD and I have 919Gb free.

Any help would be appreciated

Den

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it might be worth looking into your GoPro footage.

Meantime, when you add a clip from your Go Pro to the Video 1 track of a new project, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above the clip? This is an indication that the program is not setting up properly for the footage and that that is why your'e getting poor performance.

What is the file format, resolution and frame rate of your video?

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve and Dhananjay for the various ideas and I have tried them all

as best that I could without a great deal of success..

I have reloaded Premiere Elements 13 and checked that I have the latest

updates

My version of Windows 10 update is KB4020821 ( Build 15063.296) as at

10.47am 26/5/2017

My file format is MP4, resolution 1920x1080, 23 frames/sec

I have checked the audio output devices and I think that they are enabled

(my screen looks like the one in the link that Dhananjay sent me)

No yellow/orange render line appears when I load the troublesome videos

I have now started playing with other GoPro videos from my archives and

having good results. I can load and edit my videos without any problems.

The group of files that I had my original problem with still produce the

same problems, sound but no image, and ultimately causing Premiere to crash

Thanks for all suggestions but I think that I have wasted enough of my time

and yours and will just abandon trying to edit the troublesome files in

Premiere and try to edit them in the GoPro software at a later date.

Thanks for your time

Den

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Den,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

I understand you are facing audio issue with Premiere Elements 13 in Windows 10.

Could you please follow the following steps?

- Click "Edit"

- Click "Preferences"

- Click "Audio Output Mapping"

Audio Output Mapping.PNG

- Please check whether it shows your audio output devices as enabled or disabled.

- Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 update KB4016240 (Build 15063.250) that attempts to fix most of the common issues faced by users who upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update. While no new features are being added in this update several other issues have been addressed.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines