• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Indesign CC (2017) but have to pay now?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently just did a test on one of my Adobe application. I wanted to see if I clicked the update button if I would still be able to use Indesign CC without paying for the new version. Turns out I have to pay for it. Any ideas on how to get my old Indesign CC 2015 back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

InDesign CC, no matter which version (2015-2017), is a Subscription based program and you have to subscribe for a year and pay in monthly payments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC, no matter which version (2015-2017), is a Subscription based program and you have to subscribe for a year and pay in monthly payments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you pay no more to upgrade. So something seems to have gone wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That what I though. I'm not sure what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, maybe that's my problem. Only thing is I'm not on a yearly subscription. The software was bought outright. It seems like this was all right before they became so cloud based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you realized it or not, Adobe has no option that would allow you to buy the software outright. It is all on a subscription basis. You can subscribe for a year with either a full year's upfront payment or pay by-the-month or subscribe and pay on a monthly basis (at a significantly higher cost).

What likely happened was that your “educational bundle pack” was a one year subscription at an educational rate. To continue using the product, you would need to extend your subscription either with another such “educational bundle pack” (assuming you still qualify) or purchase a personal subscription via the Adobe website.

Sorry to hear that your Board of Education didn't quite fully fill you in on the details.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And was this a legal obtained version? Because if you had CC 2015 you had to be paying already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was legal obtained version. It was bought in a educational bundle pack and I got a zip file from the board of education that authorized my adobe account to have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines