Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Mask Track to a Null Object

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been attempting to track an eye using Mocha but have not been able to achieve desirable results, I used a mask track in After Effects and the track is perfect, is there anyway I can convert this tracking data into a null object so that I can parent other items to it?

Thanks,

Ethan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried AE's face tracker? That's a lot easier to get tracking info from.

If you really must use the mask tracker, you're going to need a third-party solution like this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have but the angle of the face means that the face tracker cannot work to full potential.

Ah bugger, was hoping I didn't have to spend money but if thats the only way, thats the only way.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than spending the money, you might just try going through some more training for Mocha (they've got some good stuff on their site). If AE's mask tracker is working, Mocha should be able to work too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An issue I am running into in Mocha is that when I export the tracking data to a null object in After Effects, the track does not seem the same as what it was in Mocha, the null is even in a different spot to where it should be if using the Mocha tracking data properly. (yes the composition, footage and Mocha settings match)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Align Surface command in Mocha?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Infinity_Prism,

Did you solve your tracking issue? Please let us know what happened.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines