• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the sample info delete from template

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just downloaded a template for a resume cover and can change all the sample information to my except the top half (Name, email, address etc.) Why is this the only area i cannot change to my information?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the template... from Adobe, or from someone else?

If someone else, does it say the template is FREE, or did you maybe download a demo with some features locked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it from adobe, its in their print section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that text is on the master page? Or maybe that text is locked? If you let us know exactly which template (I see four cover letters/resumes in the Print section), we can take a look, otherwise we are just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking closer at one of the four, the answer is that the Name and Address are on the master page. Use Window > Pages to navigate to the master for the size you want (Letter or A4), and you'll be able to edit the text. Then just return to Body page 1.

InDesign CCss_001.pngInDesign CCss_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second possibility is, to detach the elements from the master page (CTRL-SHIFT-click on Windows CMD-SHIFT-click on OSX I suppose) and then to edit the detached elements. This depends on the use of the master page for your specific application.

As this does not seem to be the case here, you can also have some element locked. The cannot be changed until unlocked. Either they are on a layer on its own and the layer is locked, or they are individually locked. On the layer palette, you need to click the little triangle. Locked items are marked with a lock at the side.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines