• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR doesn't detect Tamron lens profile automatically

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VCD lens for Nikon (G1) and until recently the lens profile would automatically detect this lens.

However, after getting my lens back from a recent service at the Tamron authorised centre, they updated the firmware and I noticed it is NOT recognised anymore in Lightroom and Photoshop!

Should I inform Tamron about this problem? It seems like maybe they flashed the wrong firmware? The EXIF information is correct though.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

bbahadir  wrote

This is an (relatively) expensive lens and always had been correctly detected in LR or PS and I am unimpressed if the new firmware causes this.

As would I be, but as you've already determined, the issue is for Tamron to address not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the latest Lightroom and Photoshop 2017 CC versions installed with no updates pending.

LR (2015.10 release Camera Raw 9.10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely that Tamron would have flashed the lens with the wrong firmware. However, it's possible that the firmware update may be using a different lens ID which means that Lr nor Camera Raw will recognise the lens. Typically, when this happens is best to manually select the lens from the Lens Make/Model drop down-down menu then make it the default.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian for your response.

However, I am not happy with the solution since this is a workaround and not a real fix.

It looks like Tamron has changed something in the firmware that prevents the lens ID from being recognized in LR or PS.

This means it is a regression (in software terms, as I am a software engineer) and needs to be fixed urgently.

Or a wrong firmware has been flashed.

This is an (relatively) expensive lens and always had been correctly detected in LR or PS and I am unimpressed if the new firmware causes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bbahadir  wrote

As would I be, but as you've already determined, the issue is for Tamron to address not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines