• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarks Randomly Appear in Develop Mode

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on some images for a few models I worked with - I was in the middle of editing photos (hadnt closed Lightroom, hadn't selected anything differently with watermarks) and out of nowhere the watermarks I most recently exported the images with appeared on the photos in Develop mode. Some are also cropped funny or are enlarged in the viewing screen but normal in the smaller window in the upper left corner- I can't fix the way it's viewed no matter what "zoom" option I choose ("fit" ratio, etc. Now when I initially exported them was over a month ago and I had re-edited a few images within that time-frame as well as exported them with different watermarks and never had a problem.

Anyone experience this or have a solution? I am on a deadline and freaking out a bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

If you are seeing the watermark on photos in the Lr library (Grid or Loupe view) then you are looking at photos that you exported (with a watermark) AND imported into the catalog. (This could have happened with the option in the export dialog to "Add to this catalog" )

I suspect that you will now have two versions of your photos in the Catalog- One is the 'Original' and the other is the 'Export version'. So you will need some searching to find the 'original' versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of LR?

Which OS?

Did you try to turn off the GPU acceleration? Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2015 [1014445] Version 6.3 [9600]

Microsoft Windows 10

I did try turning it off with the article you linked and I restarted and found no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are running a very old version of LR. Update it to the .10 update from here.

Manually download and install.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I updated, unfortunately the iamges still have the permanent watermark but now Lightroom works much faster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are seeing the watermark on photos in the Lr library (Grid or Loupe view) then you are looking at photos that you exported (with a watermark) AND imported into the catalog. (This could have happened with the option in the export dialog to "Add to this catalog" )

I suspect that you will now have two versions of your photos in the Catalog- One is the 'Original' and the other is the 'Export version'. So you will need some searching to find the 'original' versions.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines