• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting text on edited video

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble putting text on top of edited video, I don't really want anything fancy...just text appearing when I want it, for as long as I want it, on the area of the screen where I want it, in the font I want it. Can anyone point me to simple instructions, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding titles

Create a still title

The titling tools in Adobe Premiere Elements are powerful, yet easy to use. You can use any font installed on your computer, and create graphic objects by using the shape creation tools. You can also use an included template, preset text style, or image. Title text can run horizontally or vertically. You can stretch or shrink titles, or give them a color or shadow.

• Do one of the following:

• To superimpose the new title on a video clip, select the clip.
    • To add a title without underlying video, select the first clip in the Expert view timeline. In the Project Assets panel, select New Item from the Panel options and choose Black Video. In the Expert view timeline, drag the new black video clip to the beginning of the movie.
  • With the superimposed clip or the black video clip selected, select New Item from the Panel options menu and choose Title. Adobe Premiere Elements places default text in the Monitor panel, in title-editing mode.

• Do either of the following:

• To add horizontal type, double-click the default text, and type to replace it.
    • To add vertical type, click and hold the Type Tool button. Then choose Vertical Type Tool. Click in the Monitor panel, and type your title.
  • In the Monitor panel, click the Selection Tool, and reposition the text as desired.

The title is saved and added to the Project Assets panel, and to the Quick view timeline or the Expert view timeline.

from here:

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating titles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something's going badly wrong. Whenever I do this, a fault is introduced where the video clip suddenly acquires a sort of red mist wash over it...and sometimes turns upside down. I'm either doing something wrong without realising it, or I have a bug.

I need more help please. I've edited my 7 minute film, with video, music and lots and lots of stills. I now just need to put text on it in lots and lots of places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating what?

Rolling back video driver? I don't know what that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video card do you have in your computer?

See here if you need help to answer this question:

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+video+card+do+you+have+in+your+computer%3F&oq=What+video+card+d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

\it looks like AMD A6-4455MAPU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get drivers from here:

Download Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all your help...and sorry I put the same question elsewhere (as a new user, I'm still not au fait with the Forums and find navigating around difficult).

Anyway, as it may be something to do with this AMD driver thing, I've decided to copy the whole edited video into a different program on a different machine to add my text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines