• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why final cut render is faster!!!!!

Participant ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i work in tv station i mainly use adobe premiere 2017 for video making and all the powerful tools and the render takes time

but sometimes i work on final cut pro x and it's much faster sometimes go up to x20 time faster

that is crazy

i found myself for the past 2 months working only in final cut  and take all the time that i normal do render and put it for work on the projects

why cant adobe make adobe premiere render faster than final cut or at least the same speed ?!

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final Cut does background rendering as you work on the project, so when it comes time to render the project most of it has already been done. Premiere doesn't support this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so why not make the Premiere support that !!! it speed up everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hardware and workflow you use (codecs, preview codecs, effects, rendering sections to previews) all have a huge effect on the render times.

So ... how about a complete listing of your hardware ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM ... the number, type, and connection of all storage drives/discs attached to the computer, and how you spread your projects out over them ... the type of media, what your sequences are set to, and what effects you use.

Screen-grabs are often best for things like showing sequence settings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even with z840 with 2x xeon 64gb of ram with an pcie ssd it will not be as fast as final cut pro on a macbook pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some of the people working with PrPro get excellent render times. Some don't. Some work in a way guaranteed to get the worst performance, then blame the software.

It's fine. Do what you need to get your work out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines