• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch Disk Frustration

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Photoshop CS6 running on my MacBook Pro.  Because my HD is already quite full, I keep on running into "scratch disk full" issues.  I can't seem to change my scratch disk settings at all.  When in <Preferences>, <Performance>, (Scratch Disks>, CS6 won't recognise any external hard drives connected, neither can I make any changes to the existing scratch disk, it's totally unresponsive.  CS6 seems to have automatically set the scratch disk to my Mac's HD and there seems to be no way to change this at all.  I would like to use a fast Thunderbolt drive as the scratch disk, as space is at a premium on my Mac's HD already. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Frank.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be better served by moving files from your local drive to your thunderbolt drive to free up disk space and improve performance. Your Thunderbolt drive may be fast but it wont be faster than your internal drive from a performance perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Cmgap made a great point, External drives may have greater performance on paper but if you're not falling short on internal drive space, It's recommended to keep it as the default scratch disk.

Are you able to change your scratch disk preferences while holding down the Cmd + Opt keys on launch to set a new scratch disk?

Image result for scratch disk preferences photoshop

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Scratch Disk Preferences opens up with Cmd+Opt on launch, but it does not see any external drives, and all the disks default to either the "Mac HD" or "None" with no possibility of changing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How many disks are you connecting to your computer?

Also, How much space do you have left on your Primary hard drive?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines