• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional External Editor

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, have been using LR5 and have been using PSE10 as my external editor on a PC.

Sometimes I want to export to PSE as a jpeg so have set up the "additional" external editor to export the file as a jpeg and use the Ctrl/Alt/E shortcut to do so.

Fanatasic !

Now, have bought a new PC and installed LR5 and now PSE15 (10 wouldn't work on my lovely new QHD screen) and set EXACTLY the same settings.

The files appear as Tif's !!!!!! ie; it appears it is sending to the external editor and not the ADDITIONAL external editor.

The keyboard shortcut should not be any different, as it's the same version of LR and if I use the menu to get there, same result.

Pulling my hair out trying to fix it.

Can any one help please ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnny,

Please change the file format to "JPEG" under additional external editor settings.

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > External Editing > Additional External Editor > File format > Set to "JPEG"

Also, please set up the additional external editor by going in Lightroom Preferences > External Editing and then try the shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+E)

Regards

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I have already done !!!

It has me baffled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the settings I have been using (see attached file ‘capture”)

When PSE15 opens I get the msg as in attachment “could not complete”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure you have selected the application in the external editing tab – see image below.

When you click the choose button navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 15

Scroll down to the files beginning with P and select PhotoshopElementsEditor

You may get a message that it is already recognized as the main external editor app, so choose to use anyway.

After setting jpeg etc. you can click the custom drop-down arrow and save the current settings as a named preset.

PSE15EditorApp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is exactly what I did from the beginning, as you can see from the attached screenshot.

Then when PSE opens I get the error msg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines