• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS4 File/Open/Layout dropdown Menu blank. Solution?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On PC Windows 10 running CS4 the Dropdown Menus for layout on the File/Open tab is blank. On the screen shot below it shows as a blank white vertical column.
Any ideas how to resolve this problem would be appreciated.
2017-05-24.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have CS4 on my computer, but with Win 10 and CS6 the drop down seems to work. When did you start seeing this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several weeks ago.

I am wondering if some adjustment within Windows 10 settings preferences may have influenced this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I Have Photoshop CS4 on my computer still and all is working well within the New File window, Although I am using a iMac.

Have you tried re installing the program?

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have something to do with Windows 10 preference settings, so its behaviour on an iMac may not be all that relevant, if that is the cause, but thank you for your reply. I am planning to follow your advice to reinstall, and let's see what happens thereafter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled - problem continues 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you recently update your Windows 10?

Unfortunately, there isn't much as far as documentation or support since CS4 hasn't been supported by either company for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines