• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Were is the Colour Workspace in CC 2017?

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am trying colour correct my footage and I am not able to bring the colour workspace up so I can access the wave forms and colour wheels. I am using After Effects CC 2017. Any one know how I can access that menu? It seems like it is not under the pull down menu or in the window->workspace in the new version.

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 2.36.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-24 at 2.35.51 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

What, exact, version number of AE are you using?

Scopes came in a recent update to CC 2017. Check your After Effects>About After Effects menu option to see the full, exact, version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a special window -- it's an effect which you apply to a layer.  Go Effect > Color to see the full panoply of effects that are concerned with color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I know about different colour correction effects. What I am looking for is this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 4.38.08 PM.png

This way I will have more control on what I do and don't have to trust my faulty eyes on the fixes.

Do you know how I can access these Lumetri Scopes?

In the tutorial I am referring to, the tutor goes to this panel:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 4.41.01 PM.png

Which in my case, I don't have the color option in my workspace settings.

Here is a link to the tutorial:

Fix unusable footage |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it tells you what it is right on that pane -- Lumetri Scopes.  Go look for it.  Apply it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I don't have the option of Lumetri Scopes on my window panel:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 5.25.02 PM.png

I also tried applying the effect Lumetri Colour in the colour effects drop down, but still not giving me the option of choosing the wave forms:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 5.27.29 PM.png

Any idea what could be missing in my setup?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What, exact, version number of AE are you using?

Scopes came in a recent update to CC 2017. Check your After Effects>About After Effects menu option to see the full, exact, version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines