• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thin black border when print

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.. when I go to print my image.. I am getting an unwanted very thin black border around the image.. it's appears to be the line you can click on to enlarge the image in print preview.

Can't seem to get rid of this. Any help is so appreciated!! Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by any chance have a black line around the image itself?

If it happens on all images, not just the one image, it could be a printer setting.

Every printer driver is different but does your have an option to put a border around the image? You may need to scroll down in the print dialog to see the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Barb.. yeah I see where these options on my Epson printer options and it's clicked on no border and the width 0.0 Millimeters.. thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the image itself hasn't got a black border in the pixels? You may not notice this if it's at the very edge and as you already have pointed out > is very thin/fine??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, as both I and Eternal Warrier mentioned, there may be a black border around the image itself.

If you post the image, I will take a look at it and let you know what I find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way you could test if there is a black border:

Select > All.

Select > Modify > Contract, and contract by the number of pixels you think the border has.

Select > Inverse.

Delete.

Print and see if the border is showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing to try is a simple reset. Go to File > Print, hold down the spacebar then click Print. If that fails.. In Print, hold down Alt/Opt and the "cancel" will become a "reset"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines