• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Distortion on import with x264 codec

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm having an issue where imported .AVI files using the x264 codec have a strange, garbled audio that sounds somewhat similar to what you'd hear during an underwater camera.

When I play this clip in windows media player, the sound is fine.  During import to After Effects, the audio distorts.  Using Media Encoder CC (Also fresh install), the same thing happens, distorted audio.

I'm using the most up to date version of AE CC 2017 (Fresh install as of May 24, 2017).

The video codec is x264 at 3464kbps, with an audio of 192kbps, 2 channels sampling at 48000khz, using MPEG-1 L2 codec.

I would assume it's an issue with the codec but the playback on windows media player is perfectly fine.

For now, the workaround is using a website that converts .AVI to .WAV, however this can get quite tedious or be completely unavailable for large .AVI files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to the Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

I'm afraid you'll have to endure the tedium.  After Effects DOES NOT LIKE compressed audio.  If the audio's bad on the imported video file, it's what you have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you'll have to endure the tedium.  After Effects DOES NOT LIKE compressed audio.  If the audio's bad on the imported video file, it's what you have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave for the quick reply.  I'll have to mess about and find something that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bit late but I found a perfect sollution.

Downloading VLC media player, you can convert the videos to a .wav file in batches.  Extremely useful for situations where you have multiple files above the limit on conversion sites.  It converts almost instantly, the audio is always converted at high quality and a lot of time is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines