Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture files problem

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with my last 2 downloads from my camera. I have no idea what could be an issue... First I processed raw files and exported them to tiff 16 bit files. And now tiffs seem to be changing into these.... First I had just two broken (unable to be read), and today next ones appear like this... Please help!

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 .jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have a hardware problem. These files look corrupted.

I suggest you make a backup of all your images to some other drive than where they are no stored. Like to a known good external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think it is a HD problem? I have all files backed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also these corrupted files are tiff files, exported from RAW files on the HD. RAWs work just fine, so assume there is a problem inside the computer, not the card reader, cable etc. Do I think correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in LR the photos don't show this problem, but when yuo export they do show the problem?

Then yes, you are correct the problem is either computer memory or hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR raw do not show the problem, after exporting raw to tiff in LR, LR shows problems with tiff files. PS opens RAW files, it can save them as tiff or jpg, and these files are not corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information still indicates to me that you have either a memory problem or a hard disk problem, and you should run diagnostics on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... I work on iMac, I did run disk check (first aid) through disk utility, but it shows no errors. Do you know any good diagnostic method that I could do by myself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know memory diagnostics for Macs as I don't have a Mac, but I'd be willing to bet your favorite search engine can find that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the Export dialog to see if you have Compression turned on. If you do try an export using NO compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try importing the files again with different hardware (different card reader or different USB cable, to a different hard disk)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines