• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link and Adjustment Layers

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so i am currently working on a project in premiere. I am using dynamic link to add charts, lower thirds, and kinetic typography with after effects. However, I am still doing colour correction with adjustment layers in premiere.

Because the new effects are now below it as an AE linked clip, it is applying the colour the footage and the graphics, making them look ugly and over exposed. What is the workflow solution to this? In only want the colour changes to effect the footage.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Render out the AE animations & graphics, import them into PP, and put them on a layer ABOVE the PP adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render out the AE animations & graphics, import them into PP, and put them on a layer ABOVE the PP adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I know this quite an old feed, though i have a better solution for people who might run into the same problem, as rendering out the AE comp is lowering your final quality.

You can just put the 'Track Matte' Setting in AE into Alpha Inversed and put it above your adjustment layer in Premiere.

This way, your color grade does not affect the graphics and you work losslessly. I hope that helps - i had the same problem and this works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines