• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't my RAM preview match my render?

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working on a very short animation morphing between two images and I am able to preview it successfully in the RAM preview, but once I try to render it within AE or AME the morphing layers don't seem to line up- the scale and their position are off so both the base image and the overlaid morph target are visible when they should be stacked on top of each other. I'm fairly new to this software so I'm completely stumped as to why this discrepancy exists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have been working with 3D layers, and you previewed in a different view than Active Camera.  But AE can ONLY render out the view in the active camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tree still.jpgcoral still (2).jpg

help.JPG

That would make sense, but I'm not using any 3D layers. To clarify, my project consists of morphing a still image of a tree into a coral. I used the reshape effect with the images' mask paths pasted into the other's to achieve the blending effect. I've got it to work perfectly in the preview but when I try to render it looks like the image above, misaligned and slightly scaled off (for instance the base of the tree is supposed to overlay with the end of the coral closest to it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your mask paths and otehr comparative screenshots nobody can tel lyou much. I have a hunch that this relates to your preview resolution, since effects will automaticalyl use it and for some effects this makes a huge difference.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue maybe. I have a precomp with tracked footage and a null with 2 layers of children. In the main comp the null is located where I want it but when I render, the x & y position are offset   From where it should be. And I precomped maybe 30 other scenes exactly like that and they are all fine.

Windows 10, AE 2017, rendering to h264, 1920x1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you were right, I was working on Quarter resolution and it looked fine there, but at full it has the same error as posted above. I made sure to align the mask paths as close to perfect as I could in the quarter preview, does this mean I have to redo it in full resolution preview for it to work properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asking because at full, it takes forever to cache the preview so I don't want to waste time just to end up with the same mistake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey JTang,

Did you end up completing this job? What did you do to solve your "morphing" issue? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines