Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import .aep file

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

I tried importing this file and this error shows up. I am currently using AE 2017. any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a corrupted file. Does it open by using file->open? Where is it from? Did you create it? Do you have backup? We need more information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was given to me by someone else who had the same problem. I thought i might check it in mine. We both have the same problem. This was created by the same person who sent it to me. The file was working fine in their laptop until a moment ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely the .aep is corrupted or damaged.
Based on the file path, I'm guessing this is a project someone else gave you - might see if they can re-send?
Any chance they've got auto-saves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was given to me by someone else who had the same problem. I thought i might check it in mine. We both have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've already tried opening and importing, it might be worth seeing if you can bring it into Premiere? I doubt the odds are good, but you never know.

If not... it's either to the auto-saves or... time to start over.

I highly recommend auto-saving AND recommend doing increment saves (under the File menu) on all but the most basic projects. AE files are small, and redundancy is good once you start pouring days or weeks into a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sushantg6,

Are you still facing this import problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suffer from this problem my brother

capture-20170817-103133.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines