• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC won't open....

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago there was a Windows 10 update, since then AE and Premiere  won't open and I have limited functionality in Photoshop and Illustrator.  Photoshop and Illustrator open if I run them as administrator, but I can't drag and drop images directly into the programs from my desktop.  AE and Premiere won't open even as admin, and I get these warnings at launch. 

AE_warning2.PNG

AE_warning1.PNG

AE_warning3.PNG

I've uninstalled and re-installed a few times with no success.  I think it's either graphics card related or permissions.  Either way it's frustrating.

I've contacted Adobe Support, and looked on line with no real solutions other than the one I'm using to get Photoshop to work.  I've had this computer for almost 3 years, and have always kept it up to date with no issues.  Luckily I haven't needed to use either programs for the last little while, but I would like everything to be working as it was.

My computer specs are:

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1607

Processor: lntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA 980GTX

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,.

Kris.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was your experience with Adobe support? Often, they can take control of the machine and solve this sort of problem. This kind of issue is what they're there for!

You suspect it's something with your GPU - have you tried updating the driver? If so, have you tried rolling it back?

Also, when you were uninstalling/reinstalling, did you run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool between those two steps? It will probably help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam.

Thanks for the speedy reply.  My drivers are always up to date, and unfortunately rolling them back isn't an option for me.  I didn't know about the Cleaner app.   I'll give that a shot later in the day.

Cheers

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam. 

Thanks for the speedy reply.  My drivers are always up to date, and unfortunately rolling them back isn't an option for me.  I didn't know about the Cleaner app.   I'll give that a shot later in the day. 

Cheers

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, as Admin I've uninstalled everything, ran the cleaner, got confirmation it was successful, reinstalled creative cloud, installed photoshop and after effects, and now I'm getting this warning for both:

photoshop_problem.PNG

Again, I did everything logged in as Admin with my anti-virus off through-out.  What's going on?

Thanks.

Kris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, but it seems something is certainly amiss!

I'd recommend following the instructions in the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kris,

What did Support end up doing for you? Was this issue solved? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines