Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set up a book?

Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been struggling to get the CC Page turn to work on a book I'm making for a youtube video.  I finally got the front and back of the pages looking all good and like t hey are supposed to, and the page flip looks amazing.  But it only really works for the first page.  After that, the pages turn underneath each other.  And while I understand WHY they do that (because of the order they sit as layers in the comp) I can't figure out how to make the 2nd flip on down flip over the pages before them.  I have been searching relentlessly for a solution but have yet to find any.

Is there a certain way you have to set the pages up?  I have also heard something about duplicates but I have yet to see it work.  any help would be greatly appreciated as I only have until Monday to finish this project

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page Turn only works for one page, and it's a 2D effect.  If you need additional pages, you need more layers with their own instances of Page turn.  Faking a 3D look in a 2D environment gets a little tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed, but I see it done plenty of places, is there a trick to it?  Or am I going to have to pony up for a template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make it happen in C4D just fine and it looks great, thought the problem there is It's for a kids program, so it's also going to have characters that rise up out of the pages so I was hoping to keep it in AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4D and AE can work really well together. And, if you use the Paint & Stick plugin for AE, you can integrate things even more.

That being said, you can do this all in AE if you cheat. You would need to scoot your layers around a bit to make them look like they're doing what you want. You can probably do some expression stuff to make it happen automatically.

That being said, I'd use C4D since you've got it. It gives you a lot more powerful options and things will look better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bruzer1985,

How did you end up creating your "book?" Let us know what you ended up doing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines