• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when using Color Selector

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the application today, I was following the tutorial. During the tutorial, there is a step to change the fill of the splash screen art board. When I click the color swatch that is used to bring up the color picker for the Fill of the art board in the properties pane, the application will crash within a couple of seconds. I can use the dropper to select a color, but I cannot use the color palette to make defined changes.

I am running on the Insider build of Windows 10 Fall Creators update so I can start prototyping new Windows applications with Fluent Design. The only other applications installed on this machine are VS 2017, Office 2016, and Chrome.

Any one else having this issue?

Detail information from the Windows Application Event Log:

Faulting application name: Experience Design CC (Beta).exe, version: 0.6.28.10, time stamp: 0x590a78c1

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.16199.1000, time stamp: 0x72fc001a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000226e73

Faulting process id: 0x2abc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2cffacb20308c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.28.10_x64__adky2gkssdxte\Experience Design CC (Beta).exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: 0a8c4e62-b90e-403b-bfc7-0ecfa3872d84

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.28.10_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Just to clarify: the Windows "Creators Update" (Windows 10 version 1703) which was released just recently should work fine as far as we know.

The bug is in a beta version of Windows, known as Windows Insider Preview Build 16199 -- which many months from now, after bugs like this are sorted out, will get shipped as a new stable Windows release known as the "Fall Creators Update."  It's confusing since the names are so similar!  TL;DR -- unless you've opted in to test out beta versions of the Windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry you are having problems with XD. Does this happen every time you try to use the color picker?

Thanks, Corrinna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this happens every time I use the color picker. It is not dependent on the file or the control that calls the color picker flyout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to investigate this further, but first we'll need to configure your computer to collect more detailed crash logs:

1. Follow the steps at http://www.thewindowsclub.com/activate-windows-error-reporting-windows-8 to enable crash dumps (although the title says Windows 8, these steps work in Windows 10 too).  For the "DumpType" setting, I think the "Mini dump" option will work fine.
  2. Wait until XD crashes again, then go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\ and locate the newly created .dmp file
  3. Upload this to a file sharing service and email me a link at pflynn (at adobe.com)

Sorry about the problem, and thanks in advance for helping us track this down.

Btw, have you used earlier versions of XD without seeing any crashes, or is this the first time you've ever run XD on this computer?

- Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have configured the settings as described in the article (using the mini-dump type). I sent you an email with the URL to download.

This is the first time that I have used XD. I was first introduced to it at Build 2017 and was interested in what it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're investigating this (and I've filed a bug internally to track it).  I'll post back here with an update once we have more to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked with Peter, and after a couple of crash dumps, the issue is "resolved". According to Peter, it is a bug in Fall Creators Update of Windows 10 and screen scaling. I was using the recommended scaling of 150% on my Surface Pro 3, and when I switched to 100%, the issue went away.

Thanks Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify: the Windows "Creators Update" (Windows 10 version 1703) which was released just recently should work fine as far as we know.

The bug is in a beta version of Windows, known as Windows Insider Preview Build 16199 -- which many months from now, after bugs like this are sorted out, will get shipped as a new stable Windows release known as the "Fall Creators Update."  It's confusing since the names are so similar!  TL;DR -- unless you've opted in to test out beta versions of the Windows OS, you shouldn't run into this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, 16199 with screen scaling >100% will cause it to crash.  Switched it to 100% screen scaling and it works fine.  Although...all my txt on my 4k monitor is iddy biddy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines