• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movie clip not included when exporting to .mov video

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a short movie that contains an instance of a movie clip. I can text the movie and everything is there but when I try to export to video (.mov), the movie clip is missing. What am I missing? Thanks for any advice. I haven't used this application for a long time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

What Nick says about making it be a graphic really just applies to exporting an image sequence. For exporting a video everything that worked in a Test Movie should appear in the exported MOV. One possibility is that you're using HTML5 Canvas, and so that's testing the scene in a browser, whereas export to video involves creating a SWF. If you're animating for video export you are better off using AS3 documents. You get to use more filters, and the SWF used in Test Movie and export video are iden

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant "TEST" the movie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to change the movieclip symbol to a graphic symbol.

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 8.05.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-24 at 8.05.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Nick says about making it be a graphic really just applies to exporting an image sequence. For exporting a video everything that worked in a Test Movie should appear in the exported MOV. One possibility is that you're using HTML5 Canvas, and so that's testing the scene in a browser, whereas export to video involves creating a SWF. If you're animating for video export you are better off using AS3 documents. You get to use more filters, and the SWF used in Test Movie and export video are identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I'm wondering if you could provide a little more insight to similar issue I'm having. I have an AS3 document with a movieclip on the main timeline. When I test movie the movieclip plays perfectly. When I export to video to create an .mov file (with AME) it doesn't play the movieclip. I've seen a couple people recommend changing movie clip to graphic as the other poster mentioned but that didn't work. Any advice? I've done a lot of work inside the movie clip and copying the layers on the main timeline distorts the size and placement on the stage, with a bunch of motion tweens in the movieclip it's not working to resize and/or reposition. the only alternative I see is redoing it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME isn't involved in creating an MOV. If you're making MP4, it's worth checking the MOV step first. In other words, uncheck the AME step and see if the MOV you get works ok.

There has been an issue where sound doesn't appear if it's Event and starts on frame 1. I can imagine a case where a movieclip on frame 1 could have a similar issue, but I haven't tested for that.

Are you able to post the simplest FLA that shows the issue, for us to try ourselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only concerned with exporting an .mov file for this project. There is very, very little on how to do that in Adobe help or on the forums (at least what I've found) so I am sure there is likely something wrong with this. Here's a simple file. I don't honestly know if there should be any code or anything so your help is appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C9POcH_7YGlRwAUTnNwN-SRN3ef13GtR/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/Export/Export Video... gives you an MOV, there isn't much to document about doing that.

I'm racing along in a train in England, and your sample file page is taking a while to load. I'll try it out when I'm at Heathrow Airport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relaxing in the lounge at Heathrow now. When you're exporting a movieclip that is on one frame you need to set a duration for the export. As your example is 40 frames at 12 fps, that's about 3 seconds and 333 milliseconds. Here's how the export dialog should look:

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.05.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin thank you!! That totally worked to stop the mov. Now the music is off though. Did you notice it's really delayed in starting and then plays through to the end of song? This is something I took care of by clipping a little of the front in "Edit sound envelope" and it stops playing at the end of the animation when exporting to swf. I need the same effect in the mov, any suggestions?

You are a rock star! You always have the solutions, very much appreciated. And from an airport?! As a person that travels for work weekly it's very taxing, I gotta say I'm very thankful you take the time to assist us newbies out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on it with sound turned down. Hearing Bach might have confused the others in the lounge.

Anything I do to the sound seems to come through in the video export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, the first version I created seemed to have some issues with the sound continuing to play. I must not have coded the stop. I do hear a delay still but I'll just adjust the frames. It may be because I am using AME to export to decrease the final file size. Exporting straight from animate to .mov the short animations I create (10-60 seconds) are huge and they need to be under 60mb or smaller. So unless you have any suggestions for making the file size smaller in animate I'll just adjust the frames to match the output.

Thanks so much!

*Since we're a music education company we consider hearing Bach always a good thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like Bach. I couldn't be sure the rest of the British Airways lounge would like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines