• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with camera raw for newer cameras on PS CS5

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently learned that my daughters brand new D3200 and other RAW (NEF) images won't load on my trusty PS CS5.   I don't want to pay monthly for Photoshop and their updates, I'm happy with CS5 and need help with the plug-in / add-on.

As a temp fix I signed up for some stupid website that converts them to jpeg, which irks me.  I'm a rabid RAW user and feel dirty.

I've tried downloading the app plugins and get error messages or the downloads from the Adobe site say they are "damaged" and can't figure out what to do.  Currently I'm so mad that I even have to ask for help here....  Also does anyone else think if they paid some $500 or whatever for PS whatever, they should help out?  Why is the onus on good people who are just bored on forums?

Anyhow, any help is appreciated.

Cortney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

What is the newer camera that you are using? If it is a camera that was released after Camera Raw 6.7.1 was released then you will not be able to open it in its native form. That is where the DNG converter comes into play. Here is a list of all the cameras currently supported by Camera Raw as well as the minimum version of Camera Raw required to support each camera model. You can look up the camera you are using to find out what version is needed in order to support the raw files.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the free dng converters from adobe:

DNG Converters:

Win
Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a few that are above the version I have and the top one, those are the ones that say "damaged" when I go to install and do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a using a different browser and/or a better internet connection and/or a download manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Camera Raw that is compatible with Photoshop CS5 is Camera Raw 6.7.1, and it DOES support the Nikon D3200. If you will tell me what operating system you are using I can provide the link where you can download the installer for that version of Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to download ALL the updates from the last one I have? or the most recent ( I did the most recent and it said it worked, but still no images )

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 2.33.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-22 at 2.33.00 PM.png

I'm using

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 2.35.40 PM.png

Right now I will try wha the last person said "The last version of Camera Raw that is compatible with Photoshop CS5 is Camera Raw 6.7.1"  and I'll update shortly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggest download didn't work with firefox, I'll try with Chrome, but I don't know if that matters.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 2.41.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Changed my security preference to allow this download on chrome.  it gave me:

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.00.46 PM.png

this is the other error message I get along with the "damaged" one I can't replicate now...

any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try downloading from the link that I provided just to see if it made any difference? And, did you make sure you allowed enough time for the download to completely finish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That specific alert message ("identity of the developer cannot be confirmed") is related more to OS X and not to a specific browser. This might help with that: Right-click (or Control-click) the installer and choose Open from the context menu that appears. The same message might come up again, but this time it should have an Open button that will let you continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad, I went into my settings and got past it... it tells me there was an error and try again later... for a week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, OK, you get the other message you posted an image of above. Not sure what to do there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to reinstall it and it never begins.  It crashes the downloader

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.51.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-22 at 3.51.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it again and  it said "installed correctly"

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 4.07.53 PM.png

I restart PS and Bridge and get this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 4.10.46 PM.png

and this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 4.09.51 PM.png

So even though it said installed, it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct plug-in is installed but still the images from newer camera are just those white documents with the aperture (this background was something from my camera I'm working on)  Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 4.19.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the newer camera that you are using? If it is a camera that was released after Camera Raw 6.7.1 was released then you will not be able to open it in its native form. That is where the DNG converter comes into play. Here is a list of all the cameras currently supported by Camera Raw as well as the minimum version of Camera Raw required to support each camera model. You can look up the camera you are using to find out what version is needed in order to support the raw files.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The DNG converter is a viable alternative when you are using older legacy software and have no desire to upgrade to the latest versions. Here is a short video that illustrates how to use the DNG converter.

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JimHess!!! You are my savior!!!   Thank you so much this DNG converter did it (FINALLY)... Unfortunately my hair is all grey now and I have a twitch... but I can SEE THE STUPID IMAGES... AND USE THEM..

It's a miracle...  Thank you everyone, really!!!!

Here's a picture of a pretty lady!

❤️

DSC_8184.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you are getting it from a different link, try this one:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7.1 Update

Be sure to allow enough time for it to download completely. It may take several seconds to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines