• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Color Needs Complete Overhaul

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't the greatest place for this, but I can't find another way to submit suggestions.

1. Why is the search function limited to All Themes? It would be great if I could search keywords in most popular if I wanted to, which I do.
  2. Rethink the publishing feature. Why do I need to see 8 of the exact same color theme? Of the first 50 themes served up only a small percentage of them are unique.
  3. When I save a theme, why does it take me to edit the theme in My Themes? I don't need to edit it, I just want to save it because I like it the way it is. If I want to edit it later I can do that as I wish. It's just a bit annoying to have to go back to the top of Explore to sift through multiples of the same color themes. It would be much friendlier if I could just add them to my library without leaving the current screen.

I love the concept of this and the integration with libraries is fantastic, but this app has become cluttered and is headed for extinction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian for the feedback. I'll pass it along to the team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Suggestion 1 : this has been resolved, you can view, and share your feedback.

Suggestion 2 : can you elaborate more on this, as it is bit unclear.

Suggestion 3: Will discuss on this with team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'm pretty surprised and pleased my comments didn't fall on deaf ears, so thank you.

To elaborate...

If I search for summer it returns the following:

kuler_summer_top_hits.jpg

The repetition of themes is immediate. If I choose to save one of these themes the following dialog box is served up:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 8.25.22 AM.jpg

The checkbox at the bottom "Publish this theme to Explore" doesn't seem necessary since all I did was save to my library. If I check this box, I just add to the repetition. Aside from that, I believe that this color scheme would be attached to my profile as if I created it and it would collect stats visible to others that would reflect on my popularity in the Kuler community.

To me, you should only be able to publish a theme if you create or edit one, not by copying or saving one.

Hope that makes more sense, but please let me know if I can assist further.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is as per user, if you don't want to publish it then just uncheck the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, and it defaults to not checked. However, because it is an option, redundancy is unavoidable. It seems like an unnecessary option for saving or copying a theme. It would be much more useful to see 50 unique themes with the keyword summer rather than 10 unique and 40 repeats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It would be much more useful to see 50 unique themes with the keyword summer rather than 10 unique and 40 repeats.

This is in discussion within our team, and soon fix will be roll out to user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Review of suggestion #1:

It appears that nothing has changed. If I first choose Most Popular from the drop down, and then enter a search term, it shows me relevant themes, but it says All Themes for the drop down nav on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That made it more clear, I will take this with my team, and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines