• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects settings are deleted after update to 2017.2

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 2017.2, and on the first launch after update I've got Default workspace, and all my settings, including saved workspace wiped out. I've tried to logout/login to my account and redo settings sync — no luck, I've lost all my settings.

That's not a question, it seems like hardly something can help already. It's rather a complaint — you guys at Adobe way too frivolous now with users' data, its not the first time when last apps from CC wipe out my data, like workspaces and saved presets. Please take it more carefully.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, things got worse just within 30 minutes after that: After Effects crushes, and if I get it right from the message, the reason is in Sync service.

Screenshot 2017-04-26 11.35.47.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an odd crash. Has it happened more than once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't installed the new version yet but the work space reset thing WAS mentioned in the release notes.  It said because they introduced the new motion graphics work space they had reset the workspace settings.   As for the crash I can't say.

If you were me you would wait to install new versions and read all the info you can find on new releases.  But, you're not me  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're smart guy!

I think, that should have been mentioned somewhere in a more visible place, rather than in 'release notes' that I think not that many people read often and carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't actually release notes.  I said that out of habit.  I think it was in the realease video blog on the region of interest page Adobe After Effects CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe .  I agree most people don't read release notes...& I think those people should "take it more carefully".

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same thing - lost all render settings, output modules, layouts - everything.  Sync settings says there are no saved settings on my account (although there definitely were)

This isn't changing version, just an update within CC 2017 that I was using before. 

There goes a morning setting all this up again.  Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi artoix,

Sorry about this issue. If it is still occurring to you in the current version, please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines