• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't send emails from my LR 4.4, can't find proper password...do they want password from yahoo or from Lightroom?

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR 4.4 isn't allowing me to send emails of pix, do they want a password for yahoo or Lightroom Account Manager?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Most likely LR wants your email username and email password so that it can talk directly to the email server.

Yahoo complicates this process in an attempt to trick users into thinking they have improved security since their last hacking.

To work with Yahoo mail servers, you need to use a web browser to go to your Yahoo account. In the security settings you need to create a special password for LR to use as a third party email program.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely LR wants your email username and email password so that it can talk directly to the email server.

Yahoo complicates this process in an attempt to trick users into thinking they have improved security since their last hacking.

To work with Yahoo mail servers, you need to use a web browser to go to your Yahoo account. In the security settings you need to create a special password for LR to use as a third party email program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines