• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request: Route Audio from Other Applications to Audition, Please!

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please add a feature to be able to route audio from other applications (Skype, Quicktime, Facetime, etc.) so that these may be recorded in a multitrack session. It's ludicrous to have to purchase another application to accomplish this! Thoughts, Adobe?

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This (or similar) is a fairly common request.  However, since it was first invented, Audition (even in the Cool Edit days) didn't handle routing internally.  It relied on the routing capabilities of Windows (this was before it ran on Mac OS).  In those days, what you ask for was easy--Windows including a feature called "What U Hear" or "Stereo Output' on the recording selector mixer.

Trouble is, these features have been taken out of Windows (and I assume Mac) under pressure from the RIAA to prevent piracy of music by people who would steal music from online with this capability.

I can't comment on Adobe's point of view on this, both from a technical side but also from the copyright side.  I assume it would take a lot of new code--and that's before we find out if Adobe is under the same pressure from the record industry.

I suspect me we some comments from Adobe on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Bob says this is partly down to what Microsoft/Apple's audio drivers and the manufacturers allow users to do with the audio hardware built into computers. It is relatively easy to do with more sophisticated external USB audio interfaces which usually come with their own mixing/routing apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines