Exit

AE CC 14.1 very long save times

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I have read other threads and I want to let you know that:

1. My project does not have any Rotobrush or Warp effects.
  2. Project file size is 3MB. Another file that's doing the same thing is only 4MB.
  3. Working off a high-speed network at the office. We pull assets from here and save in here as well. (NAS)
  4. Disk cache is set to my local SSD. (Haven't erased the cache yet though)
  5. I've deleted AE preferences and still getting long save times.
  6. Auto-save and Save features hang on 0% for a while (more than 7 seconds) and then immediately go away and Save is done. There's no progress bar.
  7. Working with Targa and PNG Sequences mostly.
  8. This specific project is 16bit, but others are 32bit and even 8bit and still taking a long time to save.

This started just a couple of days ago. It's been saving fast, specially autosaves, but right now every autosave (every 10min) takes almost 30 seconds and we all know how annoying that is for workflow.

My system:

Intel i7-6950X 3.00GHz

32GB RAM

2x GTX 1080 Tis

Windows 10 Home (version 1703)

2017-05-23 15_58_55-.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I've updated to the latest version (14.2) without migrating settings and preferences and still getting long save times.

Any ideas anybody? Somebody in Adobe that can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saving to the NAS? have you tried saving to your desktop to see if there's a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the project file or renders you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thread was about saving a project file so I'm assuming that's what you're having trouble with. I've had issues in the past with NAS systems taking a while to save but my local disk being very quick. sometimes it's faster to just save locally and copy up to the NAS. not ideal but if you're in a pinch it helps. especially if the autosave is the big pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, its definitely faster saving to the desktop SSD. The thing is that we all work on the NAS here, and seems like i'm the only one having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you restarted your machine since the issue started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not everyone does, so good on ya for getting that out of the way.

At this point I don't know what to tell you. in previous occurrences of this situation I was in Mac environments and all I had to do was restart and do a P-RAM dump. Not sure if there's a windows equivalent process. (a quick googling tells me that it's also called NVRAM and it looks like it does exist on PC. You'll wanna research how to clear yours) I'd suggest talking to your IT department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesussbattle,

Are you still having this problem? Let us know if you ran up against anything that helped you solve the problem. Your advice could help a lot of others having trouble saving projects to a NAS.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Unfortunately no, I didn't find a solution. I moved on and fortunately we did finish the project but this was very weird.

I am actually having another issue that maybe you can help with. I am working on an AMD machine at home and for some reason I can't have Media Encoder running while working on After Effects, it becomes unusuable, and even after encoding in ME I have to actually quit ME for After Effects to perform normal, even have to restart AE sometimes. Any ideas why?

I also noticed that even rendering straight from AE creates a lag after render is done, I have to wait a while for AE to "recover" and perform at normal speed or restart the application.

Kept an eye on my Processor and it doesn't go up more than 35% usage, Memory goes up to 70% but I don't know if memory has anything to do with with rendering.

Here are the specs:

Ryzen 1700 3.00 GHz

16gb 2400MHz G. Skill FlareX

2x GTX 1070

Working of a Western Digital Blue HDD but the Media Cache is set to my SSD

Running latest version of Windows 10 Home and Adobe Suite, Everything up to date.

I am able to do this same exact thing with my computer at work running an Intel 6950x @ 3.00GHz. Granted this one has a lot more cores but same speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesussbattle,

Here are the specs:

Ryzen 1700 3.00 GHz

16gb 2400MHz G. Skill FlareX

2x GTX 1070

Working of a Western Digital Blue HDD but the Media Cache is set to my SSD

Running latest version of Windows 10 Home and Adobe Suite, Everything up to date.

I am able to do this same exact thing with my computer at work running an Intel 6950x @ 3.00GHz. Granted this one has a lot more cores but same speed.

The only thing that looks different is the Ryzen proc. Is this a new setup? Has it worked before?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey Kevin just say this,

it looks like that's another of my posts for my computer at home, not sure what you meant by posting that here Kevin-Monahan​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines