• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inappropriate auto-generated keyword errors....added AFTER posting...cannot reverse!!!!

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a number of photos which have been given erroneous keywords AFTER posting.  When I try to correct them...they are STILL THERE.

I have several sunset beach fishing shots where the keyword "plaster bandage" is added, plus other "auto keywords" I NEVER put there...and now cannot be changed.

I did a search for "plaster bandage" and "beach" and found dozens of examples from other contributors where there is no plaster bandage or anything related to it in the photo.

The auto keyword function is useless and a CONSTANT aggravation for me.  I do NOT want that feature or think it helps as whatever AI is involved, misses the mark by a long shot.   I have to constantly review each photo I submit for keywords that do not relate in any way to the photos submitted.

Also, why are the keywords NOT changing when I correct them and re-save?   I want the keywords I PICK...not a machine!!!

Does adobe Stock WANT their customers to find the appropriate photo for the key words entered???  

This is a SERIOUS problem as appropriate keywords are the KEY to selling photos.  

Please stop catering to lazy people who don't want to take the time to do things right, while punishing the contributors who spend the time to actually DO the work needed to be successful in this business.

Thank you

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Hi Don,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've passed this information on to product management.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the problem....it's where auto-generated keyword is replacing "cast"  a fishing term, to "plaster bandage"   Also, barefoot is changed to barefoot beach...which is OK, if it's on a beach....but when the photo is a kid barefoot in his crib...not so much.

I have noticed numerous changes in MY submitted keywords from American English spelling to international English.  ex: color - colour    This is not auto-correcting misspelled words, which is helpful...but, rather, replacing my keywords with others that may not be appropriate. 

If Adobe wishes to cover a wider region by including international English, fine, but please don't replace the American spelling...but instead, add the International version to the submitted keyword.   Include BOTH. 

The issue remains that auto-generating or auto-correcting keywords after the fact needs to be improved.   Please let us keep the keywords we select rather than have.   Suggestions are fine...auto-generated words need to be an optional choice and International English spelling ADDED to the keywords instead of replacing American spelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've passed this information on to product management.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don,

Could you please provide the asset ID of an image that is displaying an inappropriate keyword? It will help us troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Attached are 2 screen captures of one example (138133534) The first is the live page and the second, my portfolio page. There are THREE instances of keyword revision between my portfolio page and the live one.

Case #1: “Cast" is changed to "Plaster Bandage". This is universal for all contributors. Any time cast is used as a keyword, it is replaced with plaster bandage.

Case #2 “Barefoot" is changed to "Barefoot Beach" Fine in this particular case, but NOT what I submitted. If that term is known to be a more popularly used keyword, than just barefoot, then I could see that as beneficial.

Case #3: “One" is changed to “1” I wanted “one”. Not a big deal and probably won’t affect views…but not what I submitted. Maybe someone will search that term using a number…maybe not. It should be my choice there….unless a search using the keyword “1” will also show photos where “one” is entered.

In addition and apparently universal for all contributors, the keyword “beautiful" is replaced with “beatiful” This is not a case of British English vs American English to my knowledge….it appears to be a simple typo.

Also, a related question: If someone enters an American English spelled keyword….like color, will cases of colour also be included? I noticed all cases where there are differences between British / International English, the latter is used….OK though if auto-translated, but still, not what I submitted.

Keywords the contributors enter really should stand, unless there is a typo. However, ironically, real typos are not automatically corrected after submission…just some correctly spelled ones. This needs to be addressed.

I have noticed several other instances of keyword bugs I can mention if needed, but most aggravating is the recent addition of adding 25 auto-generated keywords for every new submission. If I select more than one related photo to enter keywords for that group, I MUST click “ERASE ALL KEYWORDS” a couple of times to clear erroneous and unwelcome auto-generated keywords, which, in many cases, do not even RELATE to the subjects in the photos. If I forget…..then it requires me to start over again. This is unacceptable, Auto-generated keywords should always be an option, not the rule.

This is a clear case of buggy AI not ready for prime time. Even if this feature was more accurate, it does not even come close to what I would choose for effective keywords that get sales. Keyword choices are the most important element to getting sales, however Adobe Stock doesn’t seem to understand that auto-generated keywords are adversely affecting contributors workflow by cluttering it with keywords that are inappropriate or ineffective. Please give your contributors a choice to use the most effective keywords instead of catering to those are too lazy to take the time to do it correctly.

As well as being a contributor, I have also been a customer for Adobe Stock as well as other popular stock services for many years. What has been most annoying for me are photos coming up in search results that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. People want to find what they are looking for and I can’t see how Adobe Stock benefits by encouraging the use of this technology. In time, AI will probably be helpful with keyword generation, but currently it leaves a lot to be desired and really should remain an option. This way, you can better monitor how popular or effective this feature is by the number of contributors that choose to use it….and compare their sales to those that don’t.

All that said, I am nevertheless a BIG fan of Adobe products. They have literally changed by life. I think the Adobe Stock implementation into the CC workflow was a brilliant move and am happy you are interested in my feedback so this service can be improved.

Thank you for giving me a little of your time and allowing me the opportunity to share my observations and opinion.

Don Bright

Daily Adobe user since 1993

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Don. Your images aren't attached but I do see the issue with the file ID you provided.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines