• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile export DPI

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the export DPI in Lightroom mobile and I can't seem to figure it out.  It seems like it's exporting at 72 DPI and I need 300 DPI.  Help!

On a side note, Adobe's contact page is useless because it won't let me contact them.  I'm really frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Bob,

The only suggestion I would have is, just ignore the 72dpi setting. Is there some reason you believe the images should have 300dpi set? This is only a minor nuisance issue for someone using a page layout program like InDesign where the placed images might be initially shown on the page at the wrong physical dimension (it's easily fixed).

At the end of the day, what reallly matters is how many pixels are in the image. As long as you're exporting full size images, you should be able to ignore t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

What are you exporting with LR mobile? It's primarily set up to share images on the web, where 72dpi is conventional, if not entirely outdated and meaningless.

If you are sending to a printer, and the printer says they need 300dpi, you can always open in Photoshop and change the dpi. This has exactly zero effect on the image itself. The dpi is just metadata.

Regarding Adobe's contact page, it is misleading, and some of us have made suggestions to help with the organization of the page; these suggestions are currently under review. What you need to do is to choose "Creative Cloud," Once you do, you'll see the list of CC apps including Lightroom, and choosing any of these enables the chat and phone contact methods.

I hope this help!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I'm exporting JPGs with the intention of having them be printable files.  Specifically, I'm taking baby photos at a hospital and uploading them to a portal where they can be downloaded by the clients.  This happens quickly on-location and it's impractical to take my 27" desktop with me.  I'm stubborn and cheap so I'm using an iPad because I don't want to buy a laptop.

If I'm unable to change the dpi in Lightroom mobile, do you have another suggestion on where to change/set it?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

The only suggestion I would have is, just ignore the 72dpi setting. Is there some reason you believe the images should have 300dpi set? This is only a minor nuisance issue for someone using a page layout program like InDesign where the placed images might be initially shown on the page at the wrong physical dimension (it's easily fixed).

At the end of the day, what reallly matters is how many pixels are in the image. As long as you're exporting full size images, you should be able to ignore the dpi.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These photos would be going directly to clients.  The company that I'm working for has told me that all photos need to be exported at 300dpi so I'm trying to comply with their wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobm72474563  wrote

If I'm unable to change the dpi in Lightroom mobile, do you have another suggestion on where to change/set it?

You could use another iPad app to set the resolution in the metadata. As Michael said, changing ppi isn't something that's often needed, so I don't think there are many mobile apps that do this. But I have an iOS app called Photogene that does let you change the ppi value on export, and 300 ppi is one of the choices.

You would select the image in Lightroom and tap the Share icon, and then select the other app to share to (e.g. "Import into PhotoGene").

I'm not saying PhotoGene is the best or only other app for this, it's just the one I know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very very bad customer service in Adobe Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines