• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

im going to establish a translation company, how can i employ professional translators all over the world?

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im going to establish a translation company, now im thinking about building a creative website and employing excellent part-time translators, are there any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might use LinkedIn to find professional translators.

IMHO, Google translate is not a substitute for a professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

IMHO, Google translate is not a substitute for a professional.

I agree with this completely. Services like google translate are great for figuring out (more or less) what something says, but I would never trust it for text that is going to press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who was responsible for localizing marketing materials into 6 languages for almost two years I can say that Google and other online translators are not at the level where I would use them for anything other than casual, on-the-fly translations. Artificial intelligence is not capable of interpreting nuances of language.

Using LinkedIn as Jane-e suggests is a good place to start to recruit talent. You might also reach out to local your local university and ask their language department chair for advice. They may have adjunct faculty or graduate students that might like extra side work.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crowdin.com is Localization Management Platform. You can use it for finding translators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would reach out to the language departments at nearby colleges & universities.  Many faculty & grad students are happy for an opportunity to supplement their income with translation gigs. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines