• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Nvidia Quadro card would give me similar speed to a GTX 1060?

Engaged ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a Nvidia Quadro card that would give me similar speed to my GTX 1060? I am doing video editing and color grading in PP and some keying and motion grapics in AE. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new quadro p4000 is perhaps the closest, its actually a bit faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So the quadro cards also helps editing, rendering and color grading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quadro's won't do any more for performance than the gtx cards. both will help with any gpu accelerated fx, like lumetri color, and some misc functions like scaling. they won't directly help with codec encode or decode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having both, the only real advantage I see with the quadros these days is 10 bit color support.. there used to be vast differences between each line of cards, but the lines have been blurred as each have become extremely powerful and efficient... and furthermore, software developers have gone different routes to achieve optimal performance, which doesn't particularly mean sticking to the Pro features standards set forth by the Quadro line of cards anymore... There is definitely a strong argument for price/performance between the two.. but the hardware capability at this point is becoming indistinguishable and the pro series cards are basically similar hardware with optimized drivers, a reliable downtune, and a really hefty price tag... but,.. since you mentioned color.. I would guess you are running a 10 bit monitor and that is important to you.. so.. Quadro.. unless gtx's now support that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it a bit of a pain right now for me since I have never really seen the difference between 10 and 8bit. My EIZO monitor can handle 10 bit and I'd really like to use its full potential. I didn't know that Adobe PP only accepts 10 bit via opengl which the GTX cards obviously can't handle. Still I am not willing to give a away my GTX performance for a lower cards only to have 10 bit if the advantage is not really there. I will check prices on the p4000 for a trade off to my GTX.

What about adding just a small card from blackmagic and run it along with my GTX. Does this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any real data.. but my quadro m4000 seems to keep up with my 1080 pretty well in most situations... I would expect it might be very similar to 1060 performance..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Do these cards also help color grading, playback and GPU effects? Since the GTX cards seem to have much more MHz but less cuba cores. If I look at comparison the GTX cards always have more performance:

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-4000-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/m7693vs3639

That is confusing for me. I always though the quadro cards are for CAD performance, but also editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I run my GTX 1060 and a Quadro P2000 at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to this day, I still cant figure this out... as far as I know, the gtx has no problem processing whatever you can throw at it in premiere... It will write any file... it just will not display 10 bit.. so as a compute only device it is perfect... but as a 10 bit monitor.. it is not.. If you can set the quadro to handle display, and select the gtx to compute, you are golden.. I just haven't figured that out yet. There has been a lot of talk about using one of blackmagics mini monitor in conjuction with gtx cards, but i haven't found anything that definitively shows how it works yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate.

The problem is that the blackmagic cards only work for reference monitors, meaning you will only see your footage. But I want windows and my whole above suite to work in 10 bit. So even if I open Photoshop everything is displayed at 10 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, unfortunately, i think your best bet is to buy the most powerful pro line card you can afford... It sucks... but all market segmentations aside, it is the best option and least hassle for what you want from your system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines