• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete all photos in Lightroom Mobile?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to delete all of the photos in my Lightroom Mobile photo library. A one-step procedure would be ideal.

For background: My Lightroom desktop catalog has tens of thousands of photos and hundreds of collections. When I was first getting familiar with Lightroom Mobile, I synced all of my photos with the service. This was a mistake; I did not realize that this would result in large amounts of data filling up my mobile devices (I thought the service worked more like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc., where photos are loaded as-needed). My Lightroom Mobile photo library is now much too large to fit on my mobile device, and even partially syncing fills up my devices immediately. I want to clear out my library and start over.

Individually selecting each image in the web interface is not a practical solution. It is also not practical to keep all of the photos in Lightroom mobile and then delete unwanted collections from individual mobile devices, since this would involve deleting hundreds of events from each mobile device each time I set up Lightroom Mobile. I would like to clear my library and start over with a small number of synced collections.

Any advice on how this could be done would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

In Preferences > Lightroom Mobile, there's a Delete all Data button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences > Lightroom Mobile, there's a Delete all Data button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This anser is seven years old, but comes to the top of the search. Can you please update this. How do I find preferances? From what app are you talking about? Light Moble on a phone? Can you please explain step by step how to do this? I do not need to see 4,000 iphone photos in LR. I want to turn off all sync between Apple Photos and LR moble and LR CC. Please be considerate and write clear instructions that normal people can understand. 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Where is preferences for LR in iOS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus option would be great. But it does not exist on my iPhone. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's in Lightroom Desktop.

On your phone, delete the app and re-install it. You would have to ensure Lr Desktop doesn't have any photos set to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Actually, this clears it out for any iOS and Android devices that you have logged into Lightroom Mobile too.  I did exactly as you said and then opened up Lightroom Mobile on my tablet, and all of the photos were cleared out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there is even an easier way.

Log into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom using your Adobe Lightroom Mobile username and password.  It saves you the step of going through the desktop version of Lightroom.

From there you can create/delete collections and upload and delete photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question and found it easiest to work in LR Classic desktop, delete All Photos in Preferences < LR Mobile and then just re-sync the collections I chose. And definitely turn off the auto sync photos on my iPhone LR Mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In May 2023, there is no option to delete photos on Mobile iOS or Desktop version of Lightroom. So frustrating. My iCloud storage is full and I know that Lightroom has 23,000 photos syncing on it. I just can't find a way on the desktop or mobile to get rid of those photos or stop them syncing. There is no option to Delete all Data under preferences as this forum states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you would like to UNSYNC a few photos, and not your entire catalog; Under the Libary tab, in the catalog 'all synced photos' you can right-click on the image, scroll towards the bottom, and select 'Remove from all synced photos'. this will unsync that particular photo or photos selected, and after about a minute to update, will disappear from all Lightroom Mobile devices.

-SCOTLAND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to delete one picture at a time in light room mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines