• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Path Edit type tool

Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to fix the path I made for text and I can not seem to select it. I made a path, I used to type tool to type along the path, I notice the type is not exactly placed how I want, but if I go to choose path tool to edit the line/points, the path disappears. I go to the type tool and the path line reappears once I click anywhere in the text but I am not able to click on any of the path points to edit it.

How would I do that?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

You need the Direct Selection Tool (white arrow)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the Direct Selection Tool (white arrow)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I've tried that over and over. Direct Selection tool, Group Selection Tool, regular Selection tool, back to Direct Selection tool. Cannot edit the path once there is type on it. I'm running latest version 23.0.6 on a Mac. I've created type on a path in the past and could do this, but now it simply doesn't work. Either they changed something, or something else is wrong. I've restarted the program, re-started the computer - nothing works. I notice these answers are from 2017 - it's now 2 years later and I don't see any newer discussion of this. It's all very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Even worse ... now I've found that if I hover over the text - sometimes with the regular Selection Tool and sometimes with the Direct Selection tool! - I get some of the little handles to show up and can actually move the text but only very erratically and I can never actually grab the handles. Sometimes I have to put one of these selection tools ON the text to get this to happen, in other moments I have to hover to get the handles to show up. It's wild and there seems to be no actual procedure going on here. I've done this in older versions of Illustrator and it was difficult, but not like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the attached on how to edit paths

Edit paths in Adobe Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much Ronald, appreciate it, it was the Direct Selection tool I needed, appreciate the answers. That link is nice too think you Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines